Friday, April 27, 2012

About this blog

I have a long-standing interest in the history of beauty ideals and makeup, especially when it comes to the 18th century. I have for several years held a lecture on the subject for the Society of Gustafs Skål and the more I have read about the subject, the more interested I have become in actually trying out some the beauty products that they used back then. Too see how the makeup actually looks when you use it and not just go by what you read in a book.


The plan with this blog is to record the recipes I try out as well as research and other related subjects, like a glossary over material used. The reason why I start a new blog instead of posting in Isis’ Wardrobe is because I think it will be easier to get an overview if I keep it in a separate blog. I have no commercial interest; I don’t plan to ever sell anything, but to experiment to broaden my own knowledge. Hopefully you will find something interesting too. If a recipe calls for toxic or endangered ingredients I will use a substitute. And please note, even if an ingredients are considered safe, they may still cause allergic reactions.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this! I'm looking forward to following your adventures with testing out recipes :D

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete