Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Award time

Angela of La Chatelaine Chocolat has bestowed me with:



Thank you! (And go and have a look, she has a great blog!)

I am now supposed to:

1. Add the award icon to your blog!
2. Link to your nominater to say "thank you“
3. Nominate 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.

As this is a blog about historical beauty, I would like to nominate a couple of blogs along the same lines.

Locks of Elegance is a blog on historical hairstyles, from Medieval to Edwardian. Or rather on how-to’s, nice and clear step by step pictures to some really lovely hairstyles. The owner has very long hair, but the styles can be adapted to shorter hair, or to style wigs.

Rapzunel Resource is another blog on historical hairstyles and how to recreate them. Also for long hair, but can be adapted.

The Gibson Girl’s Guide to Glamor. Late Victorian and Edwardian beauty tips and tricks. And makeup experiments. I can’t resist makeup experiments!

Therefore I nominate Genevieve's Journeys as she is embarking on recreating Medieval perfumes. Very exciting and I look forward to see what she comes up with!

I can’t come up with a fifth, so instead I will just recommend two blogs that has some interesting posts in historical beauty:

Jane Austen World, a blog about Jane Austen, of course, but also on Georgian life in general.

Demode. Kendra is planning a book on 18th century hairstyles. Just the thought makes me salivate!

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome! I love your research and your passion about historical cosmetics. You are a great resource. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passion sounds so much better than obsession! :D

      Delete