Wednesday, May 01, 2013

One year and a gift

A shooting party at lunch (after the painting by Vanloo)
I was completely convinced that I started this blog in May last year, but looking back I realise that the first post came on April 27. So one year have passed. As I predicted it hasn't been a high volume blog, almost exactly one post every week. I have had a lot of fun with it and I have learned so much more on makeup history and historical cosmetics recipes and there are still so much to learn. I have, and my friends can comfirm that, became a bit obsessed with the subject and can talk about it at great lengths if I'm allowed. This summer I'm going to have some more official talks on 18th century cosmetics as well, which I look forward to.

Your input has been invaluable to me as well and I would like to take this opportunity to give something back. If you would like to get either a tin of brown Marechale powder, or white Cyprian powder, your choice, that I have made, this is your chance. They can be worn as hair powder, but also be made into scent satches. The rules are, I hope, simple:

1. Follow this blog (following the Facebook page is fine too). and make a comment, here or on FB to say so.

2. Mention this blog on your blog or on FB for an additional chance. Don't forget to come back here and add a link, though.

3. The giweaway is open worldwide.

4. The giveaway will be open until midnight, Swedish May 10.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Isis,

    Well, my ID must be acting up or something, because I cannot seem to get the Follow function to work. No matter: it would be too much to send any powder here should I win.

    Still, want to tell you again how much I've enjoyed your blog since it began; you've taught us tons about cosmetics and it's all been fascinating!

    Very best,

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a glitch, because I can see you following me. :) And no, it wouldn't be too expensive.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Yay, giveaways! I follow you through feedly, formerly through Google Reader; can you see me?

    This is really a fantastic blog. I look forward to your posts, because I know you do your research and then generously share it. It's a terrific reference. Thank you!

    ~ Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see you. :)

      Thank you! I have a lot of fun and it is good to know that it is appreciated. It is a rather niched blog, after all.

      Delete